The Ford Mondeo Euro 5 2.0 TDCI engine with 150 BHP is identical to the more powerful 160 BHP variant, this means that with a simple ECU remap you can achieve great power gains. EU5 models came from 2010 to 2015 and were fitted with the Delphi DCM3.5 ECU. We can also remap all of the other variants of this engine, but for accurate information it’s good to check which variant you have.
Stage 1 Remap Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 150 (
190 BHP |
The Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 150 responds very well to a stage 1 remap. Torque will be strong and it will keep going through the entire rev range. We’ve designed our remap to stay within the margin of the clutch and dual mass flywheel, the stage 1 remap gives 420Nm so you’ll feel a big increase in torque. Top end power will soar to 190 BHP so the car will rev more freely and keep pulling to higher engine speeds without running out of power.
Our remap is a bit different to that available from other companies, and that’s because we are HDI/TDCI Tuning specialists. We’ve learnt how to unleash the full potential of this engine through only a simple ECU remap whilst staying withing the boundaries of the torque modelling structure within the complex ECU software. This results in great drivability and also excellent reliability. We also design our remaps to run clean and without extra soot so there’s no increased risk of the particle filter clogging as long as you undertake regular long journeys and keep the car well maintained.
The best way to program this ECU is over OBD. You can use Kess V2 or better is to use DimSport MyGenius which is available in our webshop. This tool is designed as a standalone personal flashing unit, it’s extremely simple to use and very reliable.
Stage 2 with performance exhaust (
210 BHP |
The Stage 2 remap is designed to run with an intercooler upgrade, and a free-flowing straight through style exhaust system. This remap delivers some extra top end power for those looking for that little bit extra. The exhaust work is important for this higher power remap, you likely won’t achieve the full power of this stage 2 remap without the additional exhaust work. It’s an option to increase the exhaust bore from the DPF onwards or to use a sports DPF and this will keep the vehicle road legal. With 440Nm of torque and 210+ BHP you’re going to notice a big performance gain when running this remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 3.5 ECU is fast and reliable to program directly over OBD, there is no need to remove the ECU.
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM3.5
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!