Please read all of this page before making an order so that you fully understand the terms. You must tick the box that you agree to these terms before you are able to place an order, therefore by placing an order you have agreed to these terms.
Returns and Refunds Policy
- Duration for Returns: Our policy for returning physical products is valid for 14 days post-purchase. Beyond this period, we are unable to offer a full refund or exchange.
- Return Eligibility: Items must be unused and in the same condition as received, including original packaging, to qualify for a return. For products such as automotive sensors the warranty seal on the box must be intact and the box unopened. Proof of purchase or a receipt is mandatory for processing your return. Please confirm the return address with us before sending any items as not all our addresses are for receiving inwards goods.
- Return Shipping Costs: These are the responsibility of the buyer. Original shipping costs are non-refundable if the wrong item is ordered or if you changed your mind on a purchase.
- Exchanges: We replace items if they are defective or damaged during transit. For such exchanges, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exemptions from Returns: Certain goods are non-returnable. This includes all made to order products, digital software products, and specific services detailed below:
- 3.1 Online remap service: Refunds are not available once customised work is completed and the file has been sent to the customer.
- 3.2 Postal remap service: Refunds are not available once customised work is completed and the ECU has been returned to you (the customer). If you have a mechanical fault with the vehicle due to poor maintenance that is of course your own responsibility to fix. If you would like to reset your ECU to standard due to a fault with your vehicle within 14 days of purchasing our postal remap service then we will waive the re-programming fee at our own discretion, however the remap cost is on refundable.
- 3.3 Downloadable software products from file store: Due to their instant digital delivery, these are of course non-refundable.
- 3.4 Unlocked and Remapped ECU returns:
- 3.4.1 Wrong ECU ordered, or customer ‘changes their mind’: This is a custom made product and costs us time and resources to make it specific to your requirements. As such when an ECU is returned you will pay a £95 testing and restocking fee. This fee covers testing, staff costs, and potential scrapping if damaged by the customer. This fee will come out of your refund.
- 3.4.2 Faulty ECU: If an ECU is non-functional upon arrival (dead on arrival) we can either send out a replacement or offer a full refund including shipping costs. ECUs must be returned so that we can test them.
- 3.5 Hybrid Turbo charger: A turbo charger is custom built upon receipt of your order. The works and costs associated with building a hybridised turbo are thus non refundable. If you change your mind about the order there will be no refund.
- 3.6 Clutch kits: When you order a clutch kit the order is custom made to your requirements. This is therefore not refundable if you change your mind about the order.
- 3.6.1 If you order a clutch kit which is not suitable for the torque requirements of your exact setup it is not refundable. We recommend that you discuss your project with us and projected torque settings before ordering any clutch kits.
- 3.6.2 Clutch kits from Black Diamond will be covered by the Black Diamond warranty.
- 184.108.40.206 HDI Tuning and Black diamond are not liable for any fitment costs associated with fitting/unfitting a clutch if it is sent in for warranty repair. We are also not liable for any other associated costs relating to use of a performance clutch kit.
- 3.7 Used items: Parts that have been fitted are ineligible for a refund.
2 Year warranty on Unlocked ECUs:
- We offer a two-year warranty, valid from the date of purchase to the original buyer, with proof of purchase required.
- Faulty ECUs must be returned for testing at the customer’s expense, accompanied by a diagnostics printout. The warranty does not cover water or corrosion damage caused by the customer, and return shipping for testing must be covered by the customer.
- Replacement units are shipped at our cost within the main EU zone using economy shipping; outside the EU zone, shipping costs will be covered by the customer.
1 Year warranty on Hybrid Turbo chargers:
- We offer a one year warranty, valid from the date of purchase to only the original buyer, with proof of purchase required.
- Warranty for a hybrid turbo charger is only applicable when ECU tuning work is carried out by HDI Tuning. Why is this? If we don’t do the tuning work then we cannot guarantee the turbo boost pressure has been ran within it’s design range.
- When a Turbo charger is deemed faulty is must be sent to our partner company for inspection. If the fault is not caused by a build fault but for example blockage with soot due to poor maintenance you may be liable for associated costs at the turbo overhaul shop.
- If a turbo fault is deemed to be caused by a build defect it will be restored to its original state at no extra charge.
Terms and Conditions
- Important Information Regarding unlocked ECUs: An Immobiliser delete can increase theft risk and may not be legal in all countries. It is the buyer’s responsibility to verify legality and inform their insurer about the fitting of an unlocked ECU.
- Tuning Software Guarantee: We assure the integrity of our tuning software but do not offer warranties on engine or clutch components. Tuning is at the customer’s own risk, and we are not liable for any resulting damages, maintenance issues, or component failures. Customers are responsible for notifying their insurance of any vehicle performance enhancements.
- Limitation of Liability for Incidental Costs: HDI Tuning Ltd shall not be held liable for any incidental, indirect, or consequential damages or costs incurred by the customer as a result of using our products. This includes, but is not limited to, mechanical repairs, additional transportation expenses, or costs for hiring a mechanic resulting from the breakdown or malfunction of a vehicle after the use of our products. Customers acknowledge that the installation and use of HDI Tuning Ltd’s products are at their own risk, and any subsequent issues that may require financial expenditure for vehicle repair, maintenance, or alternative transportation are the sole responsibility of the customer. By using our products, the customer agrees to bear all such costs and shall not hold HDI Tuning Ltd responsible for any such expenditures.
- Liability Disclaimer: HDI Tuning condemns dangerous driving and is not liable for damages from irresponsible use of our products. Emission system removal for road use is not advised, and any resulting fines or penalties are the customer’s responsibility.
- Acceptance of Terms: By using our services, you agree to all terms and conditions listed here. This agreement is acknowledged at checkout or, in the case of other purchasing methods, by reading this page prior to any transaction.