There are a few different power variants of the Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI. This page is for the lower powered EU5 variant which comes fitted with the Delphi DCM3.5 ECU and a power output of only 138 from the factory. We can tune all the different variants, but to make sure you’re reading the right information it’s a good idea to double check exactly which version you have.
Stage 1 Remap Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 138 EU 5(
190 BHP |
The 2.0 TDCI engine with the Delphi DCM3.5 ECU responds very well to a remap because all of the components are the same as the more powerful 160 version. This means you can go straight up to 190 BHP and 420 Nm with just a simple remapping procedure and you don’t need to change any engine components.
Our remap for the Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI delivers a big chunk of torque more than other tuning companies as we have a very advanced remap and we understand how this ECU works. We put in endless hours of research and development work to craft the perfect remap for the Delphi DCM3.5 ECU. You won’t find specialised software like this from any other companies.
It’s easy to remap this ECU over the OBD port and we have a suitable tool in our webshop from Dimsport called MyGenius. This tool is a standalone ECU programming device which comes with the most up to date protocols to program modern ECUs.
Stage 2 with performance exhaust (
210 BHP |
The Stage 2 remap is designed to run with an intercooler upgrade, and a free-flowing straight through style exhaust system. This remap delivers some extra top end power for those looking for that little bit extra. The exhaust work is important for this higher power remap, you likely won’t achieve the full power of this stage 2 remap without the additional exhaust work. It’s an option to increase the exhaust bore from the DPF onwards or to use a sports DPF and this will keep the vehicle road legal. With 440Nm of torque and 210+ BHP you’re going to notice a big performance gain when running this remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 3.5 ECU is fast and reliable to program directly over OBD, there is no need to remove the ECU.
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM3.5
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to email@example.com along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!