HDI Tuning have carried out extensive testing and development work on the Volvo D5 engine, we now have available perfectly fine tuned software which is on a much higher quality level than our competitors are offering for this engine. We can also offer stage 2 software, Flaps delete and anything else you might need including custom work, MAP sensor upgrades, rev limiters, just let us know what you want.
Stage 1 (
223 BHP |
Our Stage 1 remap gives 223BHP and a torque increase to 495Nm. We’ve developed this remap not only to give optimal performance, but also to remain within the limits of the stock hardware of your vehicle so you don’t need to worry about your clutch or your dual mass flywheel. Power delivery will be smooth and constant through the entire rpm range and will make overtaking much easier.
Most of the Volvo D5 2.4D 185 engines come fitted with a DPF system, we’ve developed this remap to run clean and smoke free by maintaining higher AFR like the factory setup, as such there’s no increased risk of the particle filter clogging when running our Stage 1 remap.
Most customers also see an economy gain during normal driving conditions when running a stage 1 remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2 Kess V2, KTAG
The Bosch EDC16 ECUs are covered by most tools, and can be programmed over OBD.
Programming via OBD Bosch EDC16 with Kess V2
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to email@example.com along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during working days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!