The Ford Kuga is a great looking car and it comes with a decent amount of power from the factory with 160 BHP. The 2.0 TDCI engine has more to give, and with a stage 1 remap you can take it from good to drive, to great to drive! The best thing about a stage 1 remap is that it’s completely safe for your engine and you wont need to upgrade any parts.
If you want to push further we also have stage 2 and stage 3 options available.
Stage 1 Remap Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 160 (
190 BHP |
The Stage 1 ECU remap for the Ford Kuga 160 variant takes you to a peak power of 190 BHP. This makes the car a lot more fun to drive and you can easily carry out safe over taking manoeuvres. With our stage 1 remap you’ll see an exciting torque figure of 420 Nm, which really gives a good punch. This torque figure is safe for the clutch and transmission, it’s important that your clutch is in good condition and not excessively worn. If you’d like a lower powered remap we can also do that as we write all of our software custom and to your needs.
The power delivery from our Stage 1 remap is smooth and constant through the entire rev range, driving the car after the remap is just like having the newer more powerful model from the factory without needing to buy a new car. With more low down torque you can usually drive in a higher gear and save a little bit of fuel too.
We have options where you can program your ECU yourself from home using a tool called Dimsport MyGenius, this is available in our webshop.
If you’d prefer to leave the programming work to use then check out our available locations to see which is most convenient to get to and get the car booked in.
Stage 2 with performance exhaust (
210 BHP |
The Stage 2 remap is designed to run with an intercooler upgrade, and a free-flowing straight through style exhaust system. This remap delivers some extra top end power for those looking for that little bit extra. The exhaust work is important for this higher power remap, you likely won’t achieve the full power of this stage 2 remap without the additional exhaust work. It’s an option to increase the exhaust bore from the DPF onwards or to use a sports DPF and this will keep the vehicle road legal. With 440Nm of torque and 210+ BHP you’re going to notice a big performance gain when running this remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 3.5 ECU is fast and reliable to program directly over OBD, there is no need to remove the ECU.
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM3.5
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!