The Ford Galaxy renowned for its huge passenger capacity, boasts a healthy 160 BHP from the outset but can feel a bit under powered due to its weight. Its 2.0 TDCI engine has additional capacity for power and a stage 1 remap can uplift your driving experience from satisfactory to sensational! This type of remap is entirely safe for your engine, and doesn’t necessitate any part replacements. Further advancements with stage 2 and stage 3 are also available.
Stage 1 Remap Ford Galaxy 2.0 TDCI 160 (
190 BHP |
With the Stage 1 ECU remap, the Ford Galaxy 160 variant is upgraded to a powerful 190 BHP, significantly improving the driving dynamics and making overtaking much safer. Our stage 1 remap boosts the torque to an exciting 420 Nm, adding a substantial punch. This torque level is manageable for both clutch and transmission, but remember the engine should be well maintained and the clutch should not be excessively worn. If a less intense remap is what you need, we can accommodate that as well, as all our software is custom designed to suit your needs.
The remap ensures a smooth power delivery throughout the rev range, akin to driving a newer, higher-spec model without the cost of an upgrade. The additional torque at lower revs can even help in saving fuel.
Our Dimsport MyGenius tool, available in our webshop, allows you to program your ECU from home. If you prefer professional assistance, our various locations are ready to serve you.
Stage 2 with performance exhaust (
210 BHP |
The Stage 2 remap is designed to run with an intercooler upgrade, and a free-flowing straight through style exhaust system. This remap delivers some extra top end power for those looking for that little bit extra. The exhaust work is important for this higher power remap, you likely won’t achieve the full power of this stage 2 remap without the additional exhaust work. It’s an option to increase the exhaust bore from the DPF onwards or to use a sports DPF and this will keep the vehicle road legal. With 440Nm of torque and 210+ BHP you’re going to notice a big performance gain when running this remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 3.5 ECU is fast and reliable to program directly over OBD, there is no need to remove the ECU.
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM3.5
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to email@example.com along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!