The Ford S MAX Euro 5 2.0 TDCI engine which has 150 BHP from the factory responds very well to a remap. It mirrors the setup of its stronger 160 BHP counterpart. Simple ECU remapping can lead to impressive power enhancements. The EU5 models produced between 2010 and 2015 use the Delphi DCM3.5 ECU. While we can remap all engine variants, confirming your specific model is crucial for precise information from our website.
Stage 1 Remap Ford S MAX 2.0 TDCI 150 (
190 BHP |
The Ford S MAX 2.0 TDCI 150 shows excellent adaptability to a stage 1 remap. It generates consistent torque across the full rev range. Our remap elevates torque to 420Nm, significantly enhancing performance and guaranteed to put a smile on your face. It also improves the top-end power to 190 BHP, facilitating smoother revving and sustained power at higher engine revolutions.
Our remap is a bit different to that available from other companies, and that’s because we are HDI/TDCI Tuning specialists. We’ve learnt how to unlock the full and safe potential of this engine through only a simple ECU remap. This results in great drivability and also excellent reliability. We also design our remaps to run clean and without extra soot so there’s no increased risk of the particle filter clogging as long as you undertake regular long journeys and keep the car well maintained.
The best way to program this ECU is over OBD. You can use Kess V2 or better is to use DimSport MyGenius which is available in our webshop. This tool is designed as a standalone personal flashing unit, it’s extremely simple to use and very reliable.
Stage 2 with performance exhaust (
210 BHP |
The Stage 2 remap is designed to run with an intercooler upgrade, and a free-flowing straight through style exhaust system. This remap delivers some extra top end power for those looking for that little bit extra. The exhaust work is important for this higher power remap, you likely won’t achieve the full power of this stage 2 remap without the additional exhaust work. It’s an option to increase the exhaust bore from the DPF onwards or to use a sports DPF and this will keep the vehicle road legal. With 440Nm of torque and 210+ BHP you’re going to notice a big performance gain when running this remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 3.5 ECU is fast and reliable to program directly over OBD, there is no need to remove the ECU.
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM3.5
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!