The Ford Kuga Euro 5 2.0 TDCI engine with its 150 BHP is just like the 160 BHP version. This means an ECU remap can offer great power gains. EU5 models from 2010 to 2015 came with the Delphi DCM3.5 ECU. Remapping all engine variants is possible but check your model for accurate information.
Stage 1 Remap Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 (
190 BHP |
The Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 takes well to a stage 1 remap. Torque stays strong throughout the rev range. Our remap keeps within the clutch and dual mass flywheel’s margin. It delivers 420Nm for a noticeable torque increase. The top power hits 190 BHP for freer revving and sustained pull at higher engine speeds.
Our remap is distinct as it fully unlocks the engine’s potential with only a simple ECU remap. We stay within the OEM torque modelling structure of the ECUs complex software. This ensures great drivability and reliability. Our remaps also run very clean so there is no increased risk of particle filter problems when regular long journeys are carried out.
The best way to program this ECU is via OBD. Kess V2 is an option. Yet DimSport MyGenius, found in our webshop is much better. This standalone personal flashing unit is simple to use and reliable.
Stage 2 with performance exhaust (
210 BHP |
The Stage 2 remap is designed to run with an intercooler upgrade, and a free-flowing straight through style exhaust system. This remap delivers some extra top end power for those looking for that little bit extra. The exhaust work is important for this higher power remap, you likely won’t achieve the full power of this stage 2 remap without the additional exhaust work. It’s an option to increase the exhaust bore from the DPF onwards or to use a sports DPF and this will keep the vehicle road legal. With 440Nm of torque and 210+ BHP you’re going to notice a big performance gain when running this remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 3.5 ECU is fast and reliable to program directly over OBD, there is no need to remove the ECU.
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM3.5
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to email@example.com along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!