Stage 1 (
205 BHP |
Our 2.0 TDCI 150ps software for the Delphi DCM6.1 control unit delivers excellent power whilst remaining well within the safe limits of the engine. The reason for this is because all of the hardware (turbo, injectors) are identical to the higher powered 180 BHP model. This means we can give a nice leap in power with just a software remap.
Our remap is designed in such a way that all of the complex tuning protections within the software are satisfied giving great reliable and responsive power and maintaining maximum reliability. We don’t simply ‘turn up’ the power, instead we adjust the calibrations in the same way that Ford would do it themselves. This takes a little longer to do but it’s well worth the extra work.
The Stage 1 remap will deliver a huge 205BHP and a great torque increase to 440Nm.
This ECU type can be programmed easily over OBD using Kess V2 and most other programming tools.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 6.1 ECU is reliable to program directly over OBD using most tools, there is no need to remove the ECU. Dimsport MyGenius is able to do this over OBD.
Recommended programming method:
Program over OBD using the Dimsport MyGenius standalone tool
The Dimsport MyGenius tool is the safest, easiest and most reliable way to program your ECU from home. Simply connect to the OBD port and let the tool do the work, no need to remove your ECU or bench program for most ECU types. For more information have a read here
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM6.1
- Obtain a suitable programming tool, we recommend Combiloader, Bitbox, or any tool such as Kess V2 Kess V3
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!