Stage 1 (
125 BHP |
The full power stage 1 remap will give 250Nm and a peak power of 125 BHP. This will really transform your car and make it a pleasure to drive. All remaps have been proven through years of testing and are perfectly safe for your engine to run. You can expect to see economy gains of 3-5 MPG on average.
With 250Nm of torque you’ll feel the power kicking in much sooner and continuing until after 4000 RPM.As well as lots more useable power, you can expect to see economy gains of 3-5 MPG on average. We also advise a straight through exhaust system, this can really help with response and top end power and will complement the remap pushing you to nearer 130 BHP.
Although the Siemens SID801 systems are quoted at 90 BHP from the factory we’ve found that they are usually substantially less powerful than the Bosch 90 BHP models, as such, when remapped you’ll notice really big gains so a remap is well worth while.
Stage 2 (
156 BHP |
The 2.0 HDI 90 does not come fitted with an intercooler. The first step to running a stage 2 remap is to fit a large front mounted intercooler with larger 57mm hoses. For this, bigger is better and you will not notice any significant lag from fitting a larger cooler but you will benefit from the cooler denser charge. Make sure the pipe work is efficiently routed and with good sturdy braided silicone hoses.
Boost pressure must be increased to 20 psi to give adequate air mass, don’t go too high or EMP will increase drastically and can cause problems with the valve lifters. 20 psi has been tested to be the optimum boost setting, sometimes more can give less power as you leave the efficiency range of the compressor. Fit a boost gauge and a ball and spring style boost controller to regulate boost.
To help with EMP the exhaust needs to be a straight through system, 2.5 inch is best. For added benefits fabricate a complete down pipe from the turbo outlet to increase the flow diameter of the turbine outlet.
Most vehicles will require a new clutch or an upgraded Kevlar clutch to handle the extra torque, with 340Nm there will certainly be a big difference in power and torque and how it’s delivered.
For lower mileage vehicles we can push for a little more power around 160 BHP, however this does require a good condition fuel pump or a fuel pump upgrade. Price:
Programming Methods – OBD2
Although the SID801 and SID801A it’s not covered by all tools on the market. The latest version of MPPS is the best tool to program this ECU, Kess V2 will also program this ECU type over OBD.
The read and write processes both take around 1 minute for this ECU type.
How to use the online remapping service:
- Obtain a suitable programming tool.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to email@example.com along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!