Peugeot 508 2.0 HDI 163 Stage 1 Remap(
190 BHP |
The Peugeot 508 fitted with the 2.0 HDI 163BHP engine is great fun to drive, yet it has even more to offer with just a Stage 1 software update.
The control unit used on the Euro 5 DW10CTED4 16v engine is the Delphi DCM3.5. It’s a fairly complex ECU type with some moderate tuning protection measures within the software, so it’s important to use a tuner who understands the structure of the torque model within the ECU. That’s where we come in, at HDI Tuning we specialise in HDI engine remapping and we’ve got the most advanced remapped software available for the DCM3.5 ECU.
The Peugeot 508 2.0 HDI 163 Stage 1 remap will deliver 190BHP and a lovely torque increase to 420Nm. Torque delivery will be smooth, constant and very exciting to drive with.
The HDI Tuning remap delivers a big chunk of torque more than other tuning companies, this is the result of painstaking development work to unlock all of the ‘anti tune protection’ within the ECU and overcome all factory torque limitations. Although the torque is fairly moderate, its still safe for your clutch to run, it’s also safe to run this power with an auto gearbox (we can also make a reduced torque remap for auto vehicles if you want to play it extra safe).
We don’t offer a postal remap for this ECU, it’s easy to program over OBD but actually much more work on the bench, as such it makes more sense to keep the ECU fitted and program over OBD.
If you’re interested in programming the ECU yourself, take a look at the Dimsport MyGenius tool we have available in our webshop. With this programming tool it’s extremely easy to program over the OBD port from within your vehicle.
Peugeot 508 2.0 HDI 163 Stage 2 Remap with Performance Exhaust (
210 BHP |
The Stage 2 remap for the Peugeot 508 2.0 HDI 163 engine was designed to run with an intercooler upgrade, and a free-flowing straight through style exhaust system. This remap delivers some extra top end power for those looking for that little bit extra. The exhaust work is important for this higher power remap, you likely won’t achieve the full power of this stage 2 remap without the additional exhaust work. It’s an option to increase the exhaust bore from the DPF onwards or to use a sports DPF and this will keep the vehicle road legal. With 440Nm of torque and 210+ BHP you’re going to notice a big performance gain when running this remap.
Programming Methods – OBD2
The Delphi DCM 3.5 ECU is fast and reliable to program directly over OBD, there is no need to remove the ECU.
Programming via OBD Delphi DCM3.5
- Obtain a suitable programming tool; we recommend to use Dimsport MyGenius, you can also use Kess V2.
- Install the tool to a reliable laptop.
- Connect to the OBD port of your car, make sure you have backup chargers to the vehicle battery and the laptop battery.
- ID the ECU and then take a read of the ECUs flash memory.
- Email the software to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of the remap you require.
- Send payment through our webshop.
- We will modify the software and send back to you. This normally takes less than 2 to 3 hours during work days.
- Using the same tool, ID then write to the ECU. This will overwrite the ECUs flash memory, it’s important not to interrupt the process. If you encounter any problems we can fix the ECU for you so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Let your engine warm up and then take the car for a spin, enjoy the extra power!